coping up with myself

All my life 
I have been trying to walk on straight lines
Because my mama told me from my tot till today,
To measure what comes out of my mouth. 

Living in the 21st century 
& being blunt & honest women,
Is entirely indigestion to fogy-prone people.

Extra miles and meters of spilled truth from my mouth
Could ruin my image of being a decent woman.

Being raised in an Orthodox family 
They grasp me zillions of time
Tattooed me unknowingly,
To tie my tongue with the words of decency, 
& seal my lips with morality stamps 
& hide my opinion in my back pocket 
Whether it's right or wrong.

Mostly I was advised to
Sit back and listen to all the old age buzzes,
I was never advised to
Lay my opinions out of the box,
Unrestricted.
Because of this 
I never learned when and how 
To raise the right question or sentiments 
 & now I became more like a less talkative girl in this 21st century,
Who is longing to be heard
Without any judgments 
Or without any fears.

& now I am the lady 
Who is paving the way for herself 
To speak what comes her in my mind
To be heard without any judgments and fear.

So as of today 
I decided not just to behave 
I will behave in an insane manner
I will spark slay & spread my ways.
I will lead the light, lead my days
Create my own ways.

From today 
I will be vulnerable & volatile
Express and address things in my manner, 

I will learn & share my experience
Get inspired & spread the enthusiasm.
Now I am in the competition with myself
My goal is to be simply better 
Then what I am today!!!








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A city that is no more mine

Girl & her falls.