A city that is no more mine

I am back in the city which I am not sure I can call "home" anymore. Yes, it is true that I have a house here a 2 storey building right across the street where my parents lived, who with each passing nights are near the twilights of their lives.

I know I am here for my quarantine vacation but I am not sure I will be comfortable or not.  I know everyone here loved me or recognize me so well but as time passes by things go different. Indeed it's a universal truth "home is a place of comfort & love"

& yeah I am comfortable here it's just that I am afraid of waking up late, nagging of my parents, & I am afraid of the unusual lifestyle of my hostel.

Moreover, I am afraid of my neighbor, family friends gazing on me & their unusual question, but I know I can cop up with this with my mom's made magical food which I have been craving for so long, the sibling with their emotional drama & most awaited late night walks with my friends 

Yeah, I am back in the city. These streets were always filled up with vehicles & the kids playing chupan chupai in the summers & know they are dead silent.  Just saw same stranger in the nook, beneath that streetlight, lighting up his cigar & somewhere I can here the old songs playing on the radio.

The crowd is same yet different. So there emotions are different. The only neighbor are the same & yet one thing remain unchanged is the night walk with the same old friends

By:- RISHIKA GARG

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Girl & her falls.

Souvenirs of my life